The Governing Board of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has announced April 8 for the 2021 UTME/DE nationwide registration exercise.
The scheduled date for the exercise is expected to end on Saturday, May 15, for all applicants.
This was made known in a statement issued on Wednesday by the board spokesman, Fabian Benjamin, in Abuja.
The board, in a meeting on Tuesday, concluded that every applicant must present his/her National Identity Number (NIN) during the exercise.
However, the statement also disclosed that the registration exercise will take place in 700 centres across the country.
See requirements below:
- For any person to be registered for UTME/DE, he/she must supply his/her National Identity Number (NIN). It is therefore mandatory for participation in the 2021 Registration Exercise.
- Registration will take place in 700 centres across the country. The list is available in all the state offices and JAMB’S website: www.jamb.gov.
i. The approved schedule for Registration and examination are as follows:
2021 Registration exercise will start on Thursday, 8th April to Saturday, 15th May, 2021.
a. Candidates are also to note that the registration for DE applicants would run concurrently with that of UTME candidates. There would be no extension of time for the sale of the UTME/DE application documents.
b. Optional Mock will be held on Friday, 30th April, 2021 (for those who indicate interest and registered before 24th of April, 2021.
- The Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination would hold from Saturday, 5th to Saturday, 19th June, 2021
ii. The venue of the examination will be at any of the centres in the candidate’s chosen examination town.
- The registration fee for the 2021 application documents is N3, 500 and N500 for the recommended Reading Text.
- Information regarding other registration processes and requirements would be made available on the Board’s website and advertised in the electronics and print media from 5th April, 2021.