Cynthia Ikponmwenosa Morgan is a Nigerian singer whose music is a fusion of hip-hop, dancehall, and rap.
Since her debut, she was one artiste loved by Nigerians for her style of music and in fact was one of Nigeria’s most influential artists.
1. Cynthia Morgan was born September 23, 1991 in Benin City, Edo state
2. At age 3, she became a back-up singer for her mother’s band and also started composing songs at age 7.
3. She was raised by a single mother, Sherifat Morgan, a gospel singer in Benin.
4. She released her debut single ‘Dutty Stepping’ featuring Pype at age 17 in 2009.
5. She doesn’t have a university degree as she wanted to concentrate on music.
6. Cynthia moved to Lagos in 2008 to further her music career.
7. She gained popularity when she featured on Jhybo’s Ejo Le Fe Ro track at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards (NEA) in 2010.
8. This led to her recognition by PSquare in 2012 and a working recognition soon developed.
9. She signed a recording deal with Northside Entertainment Inc. owned by Jude ‘Engees’ Okoye in 2013.
10. She soon released two top singles “Don’t Break My Heart” and “Lead Me On” same year which topped musical charts for weeks.
11. Her hit single was ‘I Am Taken’ in 2014 followed by ‘German Juice’ in 2015.
12. Some of the awards she has won include South-South Music Awards for Best New Artist (2014) ELOY Awards for Music Artist of the year (2014) and South-South Music Awards for Best Reggae/Dancehall and Best Reggae Single (2015).
13. Her alleged relationship with Burna Boy went viral in 2015 after photos of the duo kissing leaked on social media.